Every patient that comes to my office will receive a thorough evaluation of his or her shoulder or elbow problem. This involves:
- a history and physical exam
- x-ray examination of the shoulder and/or elbow if no recent ones are available
- a review of relevant past films such as MRI and operative reports/ consultant reports
- a discussion of various treatment options
- a discussion of personal goals with regard to your condition
- a discussion of risks and benefits of various treatment options that is personalized to your situation
Your initial evaluation will likely take the longest. Filling out paperwork ahead of time may speed the process considerably.